Thursday, January 13, 2011

You should start a blog, Malm

I think I've heard this a gazillion times. Seems EVERYone has a blog these days. Even my own malm has a blog called www.eightysomething.blogspot.com. But it's my daughter, Pailge, who has been encouraging me for years to start this new and crazy way to store and share ideas and experiences. I know next to nothing about computers. . . and even less about cameras and how to load pictures onto computers. And I know even LESS about how to format a blog and I don't even know what an HTML is! Uh oh. I'm talking myself out of this already!

Well, I think I should at least finish my very first post and then I'll decide how it goes from here.

Why do I call myself "Malm"? Why is Pailge, Pailge? Why is Dald, Dald? Blame my son Eric. He's 23 now, and has totally outgrown his obnoxious stage (not). But when he was about 12 years old, he started calling me Malm. It's pronounced like Ma'am but with an L stuck in there. It's awkward and not easy to pronounce, but there it is. We don't quite know why he started calling me this and what's even more strange is the fact that it has actually stuck for this many years. Somehow, somewhere along the line, we started sticking "L's" into everything. We like it. It brings us together as a family.

So, I've written my first post. There's more to come. I've got lots to say. Try to keep up!

5 comments:

  1. Awwww I love it already!! More more more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that Eric invented it, yet his name has not been transmogrified with an "L".

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's true...I've never heard "Elric" or "Erlic" or "Erilc." Paige just "Enrique."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you decided to become a mod mom like me, although I don't know how to do pictures. Mamacita

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's funny! In my family my cousin started calling my grandmother MaMa and him being the oldest grandkid picked out her nickname for all of us. So we all called her MaMa. Crazy but that's how my family is.

    Chao
    Poppie
    http://thepoppie.com

    ReplyDelete